Coach Russell- Sarasota Slam Champion!!!
Private Lesson Rates:
$40/hr $40 Individual/couple
$60/hr 3-4 players
$15/pp/hr 5 or more players
Similar ability level if you can!
Group Beginner Lessons:
Mondays- 9am-10am $5pp
$100 plus travel- 1 1/2 hrs
Will go to your site!!!!
Coach Russell, a Certified ITPTA Professional for several years, has the distinct advantage of working and learning from all the world's top pickleball professionals at his yearly Boot Camps and Monthly Pro Clinics. He is eager and willing to share all these amazing tips with you during his lessons!
After playing both competitive college and USTA tennis, Janet discovered pickleball in 2016. It was love at first sight!
She immersed herself into the game and began to play tournaments shortly thereafter. Her passion for the sport was so strong that she obtained her IPTPA Teaching Certification so she could share her great experiences and love of the sport with others!
Janet has medaled in a number of tournaments in both women’s and mixed doubles across the Eastern United States. In 2018, those medals included both the 2018 US Open and National Pickleball Championships held recently in Indian Wells, CA.
Janet has taught both private as well as group lessons sharing her knowledge, strategies and experiences in the sport. She is located in the Bradenton/Sarasota area.
Whether you are interested in improving your game to play more competitively or just want to fine tune your skills to play better recreationally, Janet is available and can customize lessons to assist you.
Feel free to reach out to Janet at 412-780-5145 or via email at email@example.com.
A Certified Pickleball Teaching Professional, Scott has a knack for finding ways, both large and small, to help improve your game—tweaks to help you play more efficiently. He suggests drills that you can work on to continue that improvement on your own. His mild-mannered teaching style implements observation, suggestions, technique improvement and how to be a better partner on the court.
To book a lesson please call Scott at
(239) 238-5088 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
After discovering Pickleball shortly after relocating to Sarasota County (North Port) in 2015 and with newfound retirement time on his hands it was easy for Tom to become obsessed with this great game.
With over two decades of Open level racquetball play, instructional experience and as a IPTPA Certified Instructor Tom’s patient and fun loving attitude will help introduce Pickleball to newcomers and properly begin their Pickleball journey.
For those already addicted players who have some experience but are eager to improve their game or desire to be a tournament player, Tom’s passionate and ambitious course of instruction will help guide them in the proper direction.
Individual, couples, small group lessons and introduction to Pickleball sessions available.
Please contact Tom at (941) 889-9742 or
email him at email@example.com
Click Herefor Information about the Suncoast Pickleball "Pro Clinics" which will be conducted at Robert L Taylor Park (Sarasota) and Northdale Park (Tampa) featuring all the Top Pros!!!
Pickleball Clinics & Lessons
Scott Tingley was one of the lead instructors at this year's 2018 U.S. Open in Naples, FL. He has been working as a private Pickleball Coach in the Punta Gorda/Venice area and has done group clinics around the U.S. His abilities and teaching techniques help students feel comfortable on the court and has earned him the privilege of serving as an IPTPA Certifier for Instructors. It is Scott’s passion to assist students as well as instructors to sharpen their own abilities to achieve what they need to take their passion to the next level.
To book a lesson with Scott simply CLICK HERE
Select from our Sararsota/Manatee County Suncoast list of Certified IPTPA Pro's
2015 with Rick Colling 2016 with Terry Wingate 2017 with Rick Chappus 2018 with Scott Tingley
To book a Lesson or Group Clinic with IPTPA Certiified Pro Coach Russell Call (813) 298-2022!
Richard "Mo" Movsession
1. Communicate on which player has the third shot, overhead lobs, balls down the middle, calling out switches, and proper positioning when stacking before the match.
2. Mix up your serve by location, depth, speed, etc but keep your serve in play
3. Don't follow a mistake by your teammate with a simular mistake right afterwards (If your partner hits a serve return out, make sure you keep the next return in)!
4. Mix up your third shot to keep your opponents guessing. (Dinks, Drive or Lob)
5. Move your opponents at the NVZ line when your are in a dink rally and then look for an opening (be patient)
6. Dink at your opponents left foot
7. Be prepared for a hard shot right at you or a lob.
8. Go for your opponents feet on shots
9. Keep your stokes short and sweet
10. Have fun and remember we are all not Professionals!
1. Serve the ball deep rather than going for a location
2. Return deep down the middle to the left players left foot
3. Return and get to the net
4. Keep the serving team back when you are at the net after your return.
5. Mix up your third shot (for the serving team) by driving the ball down the middle, lobbing or attempting a third shot dink
6. Keep your third shot in the middle of the court, not to the sidelines.
7. Both players on the serving team should stay back on third shot until the ball dips below the net or hits in their opponents NVZ
8. Make adjustments for lobbing players by first figuring out which player is lobbing and then positioning yourselves just in front of the mid-court area.
9. Dink or hit softly into the NVZ if your opponents shot is in the NVZ (in tennis we say- drop off your opponents drop shot).
10. Have fun, forget about your misses and don't forget to communicate with your partner!
1. Always get your serve in (the motion is like bowling).
2. Start your serve about 3' behind the service line and stay behind the service line afterwards.
3. Loft your serve instead of going for power.
4. Position yourself on the court to hit lots of forehands.
5. Always return the ball deep down the middle (try to get 7 out of 10 down the middle)
6. Return the ball with loft, not power.
7. Always return and advance towards the NVZ/kitchen line (high-five drill)
8. Have a backhand grip at the NVZ/kitchen line
9. Try to hit the center service line on most of your shots at least 3 times in a game (only if you want to win)
10.Have fun and encourage your partner at all times.
Coach Russell's Keys for Improving:
Suncoast Pickleball Association pickleball camps
My Pickleball Mentors: