2015 with Rick Colling 2016 with Terry Wingate 2017 with Rick Chappus 2018 with Scott Tingley
Private Lesson Fee $40.00 per hour
Mini-group (3-4 players) Lesson Fee $60.00 per hour
Pay by Paypal or Credit Card Below
To book a Lesson or Group Clinic with IPTPA Certiified Pro Coach Russell Call (813) 298-2022! You may pay for your Lesson using Pay Pal by Clicking Here or see me on the courts!
Richard "Mo" Movsession
More tips from the Pro's:
1. Communicate on which player has the third shot, overhead lobs, balls down the middle, calling out switches, and proper positioning when stacking before the match.
2. Mix up your serve by location, depth, speed, etc but keep your serve in play
3. Don't follow a mistake by your teammate with a simular mistake right afterwards (If your partner hits a serve return out, make sure you keep the next return in)!
4. Mix up your third shot to keep your opponents guessing. (Dinks, Drive or Lob)
5. Move your opponents at the NVZ line when your are in a dink rally and then look for an opening (be patient)
6. Dink at your opponents left foot
7. Be prepared for a hard shot right at you or a lob.
8. Go for your opponents feet on shots
9. Keep your stokes short and sweet
10. Have fun and remember we are all not Professionals!
1. Serve the ball deep rather than going for a location
2. Return deep down the middle to the left players left foot
3. Return and get to the net
4. Keep the serving team back when you are at the net after your return.
5. Mix up your third shot (for the serving team) by driving the ball down the middle, lobbing or attempting a third shot dink
6. Keep your third shot in the middle of the court, not to the sidelines.
7. Both players on the serving team should stay back on third shot until the ball dips below the net or hits in their opponents NVZ
8. Make adjustments for lobbing players by first figuring out which player is lobbing and then positioning yourselves just in front of the mid-court area.
9. Dink or hit softly into the NVZ if your opponents shot is in the NVZ (in tennis we say- drop off your opponents drop shot).
10. Have fun, forget about your misses and don't forget to communicate with your partner!
1. Always get your serve in (the motion is like bowling).
2. Start your serve about 3' behind the service line and stay behind the service line afterwards.
3. Loft your serve instead of going for power.
4. Position yourself on the court to hit lots of forehands.
5. Always return the ball deep down the middle (try to get 7 out of 10 down the middle)
6. Return the ball with loft, not power.
7. Always return and advance towards the NVZ/kitchen line (high-five drill)
8. Have a backhand grip at the NVZ/kitchen line
9. Try to hit the center service line on most of your shots at least 3 times in a game (only if you want to win)
10.Have fun and encourage your partner at all times.
Coach Russell's Keys for Improving:
Private Lesson Rates: $40/hr $40/couple $60/3-4 players (Indoors at R.L. Taylor)
Mondays: Private Lessons 9am, 10am, 11am.... (Outdoors at Gellespie Park)
Fridays: Private Lessons 10am, 11am, 12pm....Except during Pro Clinics (Indoors at RL Taylor)
Group Clinic Rates: 5-19 players $25 pp Will go to your site!!!!
(1 1/2 hr or 3 hr) 20+ players $20 pp
*** Please include the entrance fee into Robert L Taylor which is $2.00pp!!!
"Coach Russell is a now IPTPA Certified Pickleball Professional"
Suncoast Pickleball is proud to announce U.S. Open Academy Instructor and Sarasota County Resident, "Scott Tingley" will be joining our instructional staff. His credentials speak for themselves and he is one of the Top Instructors in the Country!!! This is due to the increasing demands for pickleball lessons in the area as well as Coach Russell's absence in Sarasota from May through October each year. I hope you will take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to meet Scott!
Rusty & The
Suncoast Pickleball Association
Click Herefor Information about the Suncoast Pickleball "Pro Clinics" which will be conducted at Robert L Taylor Park featuring Kyle Yates, Phil Bagley, Deb Harrison, Robert & Jodi Elliott, Scott Tingley and Brian Staub!!!
Pickleball Clinics & Lessons
Local Lessons & Clinics from Coach Russell are available from November through April each year. Scott Tingley teaches year around!
Have you checked out The Pickleball Show yet? Click Here
You tube video's
Sarasota Slam Champion 4 years in a row!!!
To book a lesson with Scott simply CLICK HERE