Suncoast Pickleball Association
Private Lesson Rates: $40/hr $40/couple $60/3-4 players (Indoors at R.L. Taylor)
Mondays: Private Lessons 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm (Indoors at R.L. Taylor)
Fridays: Private Lessons 9am, 10am, 11am, 12pm....when available (RL Taylor)
Group Clinic Rates: 5-19 players $25 pp Will go to your site!!!!
(1 1/2 hr or 3 hr) 20+ players $20 pp
Sarasota Clinic Rates at RL Taylor Rec Center: Your rating should be about a:
Free Beginner Clinics - Mondays - 9am-10am (I have demo paddles) never played
Novice Clinics- Day TBA 1230-2pm Only $6/session 2.5-3.0
Intermediate Clinics- Day TBA 1230-2pm Only $6/session 3.5
Advanced Clinics- Day TBA 1230-2pm Only $6/session 4.0 & above
Coach Russell is proud to announce that U.S. Open Academy Instructor and Sarasota County Resident "Scott Tingley" will be joining our instructional staff for Suncoast Pickleball. His credentials speak for itself and is one of the Top Instructors in the County!!! This is due to the increasing demands for pickleball lessons in the area as well as Coach Russell's absence in Sarasota from May through October each year. I hope you would take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to meet Scott!
Click Here for Information about the Suncoast Pickleball "Pro Clinics" that will be conducted at Robert L Taylor Park featuring Kyle Yates, Simone Jardim, Deb Harrison, Robert & Jodi Elliott, Scott Tingley and Steve Kennedy!!!
Pickleball Clinics & Lessons
Lessons & Clinics are available from November through April each year.
To book a lesson with Scott simply CLICK HERE
Private Lesson Fee $40.00 per hour
Mini-group Lesson Fee $60.00 per hour
To book a Lesson or Clinic with Coach Russell Click Here or Call (813) 298-2022 ! You may also pay for your Lesson or Clinic using Pay Pal by Clicking Here or see me on the courts!
Have you checked out The Pickleball Show yet? Click Here
Rusty & The
You tube video's
Richard "Mo" Movsession
More tips from the Pro's:
1. Communicate on which player has the third shot, overhead lobs, balls down the middle, calling out switches, and proper positioning when stacking before the match.
2. Mix up your serve by location, depth, speed, etc but keep your serve in play
3. Don't follow a mistake by your teammate with a simular mistake right afterwards (If your partner hits a serve return out, make sure you keep the next return in)!
4. Mix up your third shot to keep your opponents guessing. (Dinks, Drive or Lob)
5. Move your opponents at the NVZ line when your are in a dink rally and then look for an opening (be patient)
6. Dink at your opponents left foot
7. Be prepared for a hard shot right at you or a lob.
8. Go for your opponents feet on shots
9. Keep your stokes short and sweet
10. Have fun and remember we are all not Professionals!
1. Serve the ball deep rather than going for a location
2. Return deep down the middle to the left players left foot
3. Return and get to the net
4. Keep the serving team back when you are at the net after your return.
5. Mix up your third shot (for the serving team) by driving the ball down the middle, lobbing or attempting a third shot dink
6. Keep your third shot in the middle of the court, not to the sidelines.
7. Both players on the serving team should stay back on third shot until the ball dips below the net or hits in their opponents NVZ
8. Make adjustments for lobbing players by first figuring out which player is lobbing and then positioning yourselves just in front of the mid-court area.
9. Dink or hit softly into the NVZ if your opponents shot is in the NVZ (in tennis we say- drop off your opponents drop shot).
10. Have fun, forget about your misses and don't forget to communicate with your partner!
1. Always get your serve in (the motion is like bowling).
2. Start your serve about 3' behind the service line and stay behind the service line afterwards.
3. Loft your serve instead of going for power.
4. Position yourself on the court to hit lots of forehands.
5. Always return the ball deep down the middle (try to get 7 out of 10 down the middle)
6. Return the ball with loft, not power.
7. Always return and advance towards the NVZ/kitchen line (high-five drill)
8. Have a backhand grip at the NVZ/kitchen line
9. Try to hit the center service line on most of your shots at least 3 times in a game (only if you want to win)
10.Have fun and encourage your partner at all times.
Coach Russell's Keys for Improving: